1. During the holidays, don’t leave outgoing mail in an unlocked mailbox.
2. Take your outgoing mail to a blue collection box (there is one at the fire station in the Rim) or the post office, and don’t leave your mail in a collection box that is full.
3. Pick up your mail right away after it is delivered.
4. Get a locked mailbox and make sure that the mail slot is big enough for the letter carrier to insert your mail.
5. Have regular income checks deposited electronically into your bank account via direct deposit.
6. If you are expecting credit cards, checks or other valuable mail and don’t receive them, promptly contact the senders.
7. If you see suspicious activity on your street promptly call 911 and report it to police and email@example.com.
8. You may want to “opt out” of receiving pre-approved credit and insurance offers from the credit bureau mailing lists by calling 1-888-5OPTOUT (1-888-567-8688) or by visiting online at www.optoutprescreen.com.