Dear Wilderness Rim Owners:
- The WRA Annual Meeting kickoff will be Saturday, September 7th and the Annual Meeting will be Saturday, September 21st. Please check your email and mailbox for the official notice and ballot information the first week of September.
- Your June-July water payments are due! Please make sure you make payments to WRA c/o Agynbyte before the due date. More information, including how to log in to your account to view your balance, is located on the WRA website here: https://wildernessrim.org/owner-portal-payments/
- Events! Events! Events! If you have ideas for events in the neighborhood, or would like to help with future events, please email email@example.com.
- Speaking of events, WRA is requesting volunteers for Saturday, September 7. We will be completing various tasks around the playground. Many hands make light work! Refreshments provided. Bring your work gloves and muscles and let firstname.lastname@example.org know if you can attend to help your neighborhood.
On Behalf of the Wilderness Rim Association Board of Trustees
(also sent to all owners with email communication on 7/29/19, the same day as statements/bills were emailed)
Dear Wilderness Rim Owners:
- Call for Board candidates! Want to make a difference in your community? One way is to volunteer to serve on the board of trustees. Meetings are once per month and benefits include opportunities for personal and professional development as well as opportunities to meet your neighbors and influence the community in constructive ways. Your ideas for the betterment of the community may be enacted. You may submit your neighbor and/or yourself as a candidate for the ballot by Wednesday, August 21st to email@example.com.
- The WRA Annual Meeting kickoff will be Saturday, September 7th and the Annual Meeting will be Saturday, September 21st. Please check your mail for the official notice in the coming weeks.
- The WRA 2019-2020 Budget was ratified at the June 19th special meeting. Current monthly financial statements are available on the owner portal under the documents section. The assessments that were formerly billed separately have now been combined.
- Summer is here which means water conservation and fire protection. Some tips for ways to save water outdoors: Use a broom to clean the driveway or patio, instead of the hose or power washer. Consider drought-tolerant plants to manage summer dryness.
- There have been some fish hooks left on the shores of Brewster Lake that small children have found. Please remind your kids who are fishing to pack out all their gear. Thank you for helping keep the Rim a safe and fun place to live and play.
- The June-July water and assessment invoice payments need to be RECEIVED by Agynbyte by August 30th to avoid late fees. Please adjust your bank bill paying schedule or check mailing schedule to allow for at least 7 business days to process. Water shut-off tags will be hung for members 45 days or more past due in September. You can sign up for automatic payments and check your balance online. Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The WRA issued its annual Water Quality Report and the water is good! More details are online and the 2018 report is at https://wildernessrim.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/2018-Water-Quality-Report.pdf.
Agynbyte LLC – on Behalf of the Wilderness Rim Board of Trustees
(425) 747-0146 | f. (425) 747-4169
It was brought to the WRA Board’s attention that the annual meeting should have been scheduled for July this year. This change was made as part of the multitude of bylaw amendment ballot items from the 2018 Annual Meeting.
With changes in administrative procedures and confusion caused by challenges to the 2018 election process, the new date for the annual meeting was overlooked.
After consulting with the management company and WRA’s attorney, the advice is that we can move forward in good faith and with no harm to the community by holding the meeting in September as in prior years. This will give owners as much notice as possible.
The annual meeting will be held on Saturday, September 21 at 10am at Cascade Park, and the kickoff meeting to open the election process will be on September 7th. If you would like to get involved or have any questions or comments, please contact email@example.com.
Dear Wilderness Rim Owners:
Please note the following information for your records:
- The WRA 2019-2020 Budget was mailed to all members this month and is posted in the owner portal. If you did not receive your copy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. There is no action requested of members unless you want to attend the budget ratification meeting, and there is no budget increase proposed. Some points that the board wants to highlight:
- The mailing satisfied the new Washington State law for member notification. In the past, the budget and annual financial statements were presented together at the annual meeting in September. Because of the new law, the timing changed. The fiscal year ends June 30 and begins July 1. Current monthly financial statements are available on the owner portal under the documents section.
- The assessments that were formerly billed separately have now been combined.
- The “3-Minute Executive Summary” is from the most recent reserve study, which is also available on the owner portal. This is completed each year to satisfy Washington State law. The board and management have reviewed current reserves and contributions and determined that funding is sufficient for the common areas.
- Tenants and Landlords: Because WRA is a homeowners’ association, communication (including billing) is to the owners of each lot in Wilderness Rim. As an owner, you are responsible for all bills. The WRA Rules and Regulations for the Water System do not provide for billing tenants. Tenant contact information should be provided to Agynbyte in case of water emergencies.
- Summer is almost here which means water conservation and fire protection. Some tips for ways to save water outdoors: leave the grass clippings on the lawn. They’re 90% water and provide nitrogen. Also, water after 7:00 p.m. or before 10:00 a.m. to avoid excessive loss to evaporation.
- The April-May water and assessment invoice payments need to be received by Agynbyte by June 28th to avoid late fees. Please adjust your bank bill paying schedule or check mailing schedule to allow for at least 7 business days to process. Water shut-off tags will be hung for members 45 days or more past due in July. Questions? Contact email@example.com.
- Community garage sales are happening around the Rim Saturday, June 8.
- Board positions currently available. Want to make a difference in your community? Volunteer to serve on the board of trustees. Meetings are once per month and benefits include opportunities for personal and professional development as well as opportunities to meet your neighbors and influence the community in constructive ways. Your ideas for the betterment of the community may be enacted. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
14711 NE 29th Place, Suite 101
Bellevue, WA 98007-7690
(425) 747-0146 | f. (425) 747-4169
The Board of Trustees was recently notified that PSE intends to install a new 110 foot pole, which will include equipment cabinets and six antennas for Verizon Wireless. Should you have any questions or concerns, owners are encouraged to contact the County directly using the contact information provided in the notice links below or Michael Kulich (206-477-9375, Michael.email@example.com). The comment period ends on April 8.
WILRM SEPA Notice
SEPA document for proposed land use
Evaluation of Compliance with FCC Guidelines
On August 1, 2018, Judge Samuel Chung made an oral ruling granting a summary judgment in favor of the utilities. WRA is waiting on the written ruling and probable appeal by King County. The BOT will decide going forward if there is an appeal to suspend collection of KC RoW Rent until the appeal is over. The original $6.11 will be held in reserve.
Post WUC meeting, Mike Kenyon meet in person with King County Councilwomen Kathy Lambert to discuss Judge Chung’s ruling. She confirmed the Council is waiting for the written ruling and followed by Council’s legal staff recommendations as to the possible appeal.
On September 4th, Judge Chung signed his ruling. The Seattle Times reports that King County plans to appeal to the Washing State Supreme Court. See link for article.
WUC recommends a letter campaign to King County Executive Dow Constantine mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org Main phone: 206-263-9600 Fax: 206-296-0194. Please let Executive Constantine know no new fees, taxes, rent for Unincorporated King County before Wednesday, October 3rd. Thank you.
Here are the preliminary results from the 2018 Annual Meeting. The vendor will be sending the full report of the results early next week. An attorney will need review options to resolve the interdependence of the four voting items (2.2, 2.2.1, 4.3 and 4.6), one of which did not pass. Invitations have been emailed to the top vote recipients for the Board and ARC.
TOTAL BALLOTS CAST: 124 (20% of membership)
The WRA trustees voted to collect a $6.11 fee per member account, per billing cycle, starting in July and is shown as a separate line item on the bi-monthly bill. WRA will hold the collected funds until invoiced by King County. If reduction in fee occurs from King County, the cost reduction will be passed on the membership. Any excess fees collected prior to the reduction or rescinding will be moved to the water reserve fund. More information on this can be found at https://wildernessrim.org/notice-of-king-county-utility-rate-increase/.