Dear Wilderness Rim Neighbors,
The COVID-19 (coronavirus) pandemic is affecting all of us. The health and well-being of our community is of paramount concern. Whether or not the virus is quickly contained we should all do our part, until it is contained, to limit unnecessary social contact. The board, in consultation with the association management company, has been planning for contingencies that may arise in the community as a result of the spread of COVID-19. Along those lines, here are some items that the board wants to relay:
1. Social distancing: neighbors who are using the park need to take necessary precautions, especially when around the playground equipment. Please use common sense and make sure you wash your hands regularly. If you are sick, please think of your neighbors and self-quarantine at home.
2. Following the CDC guidelines which recommend against gatherings of 10 or more people, the WRA Annual Easter Egg Hunt has been cancelled.
3. The WRA board voted to grant payment extensions on payment of the February water bill to accommodate owners facing a financial hardship caused by the current health crisis.
4. The board and committees are meeting over teleconference until the COVID-19 situation changes. If you are interested in joining remotely, please contact email@example.com.
5. Please make sure your water meter is accessible with nothing blocking it for your water meter reading this weekend (March 20-22).
6. With the extra time at home, you might have the opportunity to do yardwork. If you remove sticks, fir needles, leaves, and other potential fire fuel from your property, please let the Firewise committee know the activity and amount of time. The community can reach its minimum hours goal for Firewise with your help.
The board plans to communicate to you mid-April with any updates after the monthly board meeting. If you have questions in the meantime, don’t hesitate to reach out to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Agynbyte at email@example.com or 425-747-0146. You can also connect directly with neighbors via social media such as Nextdoor and Facebook. Thank you all for your understanding and community involvement. We are here to help each other during this difficult time.
Jim Besso, President
WRA Board of Trustees