- The Annual Meeting will be held on Saturday, July 9th at 10:00am.
- The WRA Board of Trustees has openings for two new members. We need you! Please contact the Rim office if you are interested.
- Brewster Lake will be stocked with fish this year, but it may occur later than usual, due to the decreased water level.
- Please remember to lock your home. There have been recent incidents of theft in the Rim. You can never be too careful. As always, be sure to report such occurrences to the police and the Rim office.
As you are all aware, this is already shaping up to be a bad wildfire season. Here are some suggestions to help limit the risk to your home:
- Create a defensible space by removing all dry grass, brush, dead leaves, and dead or downed trees at least 30 feet from your home. If you live on a hill or slope, this distance will need to be substantially increased.
- Remove any dead branches hanging over your roof and all branches within 10 feet of your chimney. Your roof is the most vulnerable part of your house; build or reroof with fire resistant materials.
- Enclose the underside of balconies and above ground decks with fire-resistant materials.
- For trees taller than 18 feet, prune lower branches within six feet of the ground to keep fires from spreading to treetops. Experience has revealed that a minimum distance of 100 to 150 feet around your home needs to be defensible, with comprehensive landscaping, including moist, trim low plants, turf or groundcover.
These documents can be found at
If you are experiencing a street light outage and want to report it, you can do so to Puget Sound Energy.
Toll free number 1-888-225-5773
The holiday party was held on December 12th at the Chalet and was a challenging but fun experience! A windstorm left the party with no electrical power, but the kids and the volunteers continued to have a great time by candlelight and flashlight! The room was brightened by everyone’s great spirits! The kids made ornaments and enjoyed playing Bingo.
Santa received a warm welcome as he arrived by lantern light. The kids anxiously waited in line to tell Santa what was on their lists! Mrs. Santa came prepared and took pictures of all of the kids with Santa.
Thank you so much to all of the kids, parents and volunteers for your enthusiasm and participation.
Special note: The Special Events committee asks that a parent please pick up your child’s Santa picture at the WRA
office during office hours. If you have any
questions please leave a message at the office for us or you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have a question regarding you garbage pick-up, or if your garbage was not picked up on its scheduled day, please call Rabanco at 800-322-8709.
Kids, join us for a spectacular Easter Egg Hunt in the park!
Date: Saturday, March 19th
Where: Cascade Park
It is very important for you to arrive on time, as we will start the hunt promptly and the eggs will be found quickly! Parents, we ask you to please allow enough time to walk your kids to the hunting area for their age group. There will be signs posted in the park on the day of the event to help you find the right section. We plan to hunt, even in the snow!
This is a great event that the children love! We do need volunteers to make it happen. About 15 adults are needed at 10:00 get everything set up for a wonderful hunt. There are also opportunities to hand out prizes, direct families to their sections, and of course, to clean up after the festivities. Please contact us by email at Events_wra@hotmail.com or call the WRA office. Thank you!
Thank you to everyone who decorated their homes for the holidays! You all made the Rim light up with happiness.
Kids, bring your parents and your Christmas lists. We’ll have lots of fun making holiday crafts, watching movies, reading stories, listening to Christmas music, and playing games. Santa Claus is looking forward to seeing you!
Where: At the Rim Chalet!
When: Sunday, December 12, 2004
Time: 4 – 6 p.m.
Cocoa and cookies will be served at this party and pictures with Santa Claus may be taken. There will be a $2 picture fee.
Volunteers, please call the WRA office 425-888-0087 or email email@example.com. We’d love to have you help us plan, shop, bake, decorate or supervise the activities.
Thank you, Special Events Committee
We have police and security patrols that work in our neighborhood. In order to help them to be as effective as possible, it is very important that our residents take the time to report any unusual or suspicious activities. Please call 9-1-1 and the WRA office, so the security patrol can follow-up. We all enjoy living in a safe and secure community.